Våre regler
Hvis du leser innlegg på VGD du mener er i strid med våre regler (les reglene her) kan du trykke på dette symbolet over det aktuelle innlegget. VG Nett vil vurdere om innlegget skal fjernes.

Dagens unge og økonomi

NYTT TEMA
PaulBearers_urne
PaulBearers_urneInnlegg: 2215
24.07.18 15:14

"I think people are saving money by not having children. The birth rate in the US is dropping. My parents had 4 boys and my wife and I have 2 boys. Last year a study showed that one child cost 250,000 to raise until they are 18. That means I'm already 1/2 mill in and a house payment. The only thing that saves me is that I have no student loans and I bought my house very cheap in 2010 when the market was very low. I always tell my young students to get a job that will pay for college. They can join the military, work at the school district like an ed. tech. and they pay for your classes or New Balance who will pay for your classes"

Kommentarer fra yahoo :

"Having worked as an underwriter in the mortgage industry, I see hundreds of credit reports, and financial statements. I see most of those under-30 are living well above their means. Cars that cost more than they earn in a year., renting newly built apartments and condos with every amenity you can think of, and credit card debt for trips, cellphones, mani /pedi's, etc. The under 30 crowd never heard the word "no" when they wanted something, and now, without the bank of mom and dad, they have done nothing to curtail their spending ways"

"Times are tough because they dont want to work. I've hired numorous guys in that age range. They always say working weekends is no problem. Once I put them on the schedule for the weekends, they quit. They believe the guys who have the seniority should stay on the weekend routes while they should get the mon-fri route. And 4 weeks vacation from day one"

"I don't know about you, but if i had $100,000 in student loan debt, i wouldn't be wasting money on a $1,000 iPhone, a brand new car, bunch of tattoos and the daily Starbucks mocha-frappa-whatever-a-chino. Pay your debts first. Luxuries can come later"

Andre boller i 1955 , lol :

"I remember 1955 quite clearly, I was 7 years old then and things were completely different then from today. My parents never had a lot of extra money, so we often never received Christmas presents or birthday presents. Back then I walked everywhere and only played outside. At home we ate lots of wild game, fish, and fowl. Vegetables from the garden. I didn't know what pre-sliced white bread looked or tasted like, since my mom baked bread. Once in a while we would get a nickel or maybe a dime for something from the store. The movies were a weekly treat, and they cost around 15 cents for the Saturday afternoon matinee. Back then poverty was not discussed, life was as it was. People were more egalitarian. I remember when I started delivering the "weekly reminder" a shopping guide, it was the first time I earned money and was able to spend it on myself. We used to also go out and get subscriptions for newspapers which we were rewarded with prizes. We also gathered old newspapers and sold them to the local hatchery for a penny a pound. Back then everything got recycled. Pop bottles were 2 - 3 cents each depending on the brand. When we visited relatives who lived on the farm they still didn't have running water, or indoor toilets. Water was brought up from the well and kept in a pail with a dipper. There were outdoor toilets, and toilet paper was old Sears and Roebuck catalogs or Montgomery ward. I joined the Navy right out of HS and my first pay check was around $90 a month. When I got out of the military, minimum wage was $2 an hour, I have weathered countless recessions, the worst I remember was in the late 70's when unemployment was double digit as was the cost of borrowing. I rejoined the military in 1980 basic pay was $568 a month about $3.50 per hour if your worked 40 hours a week, we usually worked around 60 hours a week. The the savings and loan debacle, dot com bubble, Y2K, up to the housing and financial collapse. The US goes from boom to bust and bust to boom. My advice keep looking and stay busy so you don't think much about what you don't have and be grateful for what you do have. I don't remember whining about my situation, I just kept my face to the wind and kept moving. I am 70 now and like my old Sergeant Major once said, when you look back your life it is only the hard times that you remember fondly, those are the stories you will tell about how you got survived. Another old soldier once told me, the worst thing you could do was lay in the supine position. Stand on your feet and keep moving. Laziness is a disease that anyone can catch"

"Most of my friends from high school who went to college and got degrees didn't even end up with a job from that field. Some work very menial jobs now. Degrees guarantee nothing. I got a job at the airport here in Las Vegas when I was 17 and have been there ever since (18 years). Had scholarship opportunities but passed them up. Now making 70k+ a year. Have strived to live simple, have no debt and pay almost everything in cash. I have a couple credit cards with good rewards but never pay interest.

Ohhh and 53% of millennials expect to be millionaires? LOL. Just strive to get by without too much stress"

Ha ha :

"The average age of an American soldier in World War II was 26. They spent their childhood in a Depression, then fought against fascism. Don't try to tell me Americans under 30 have it rough today. I'm not buying it"

"Millennial Retirement Plan:

1. Inheritance
2. Hit the Lotto
3. Find a bag of money in the road"

Klikk for å gå tilbake til toppen

Siste innlegg