Våre regler
Hvis du leser innlegg på VGD du mener er i strid med våre regler (les reglene her) kan du trykke på dette symbolet over det aktuelle innlegget. VG Nett vil vurdere om innlegget skal fjernes.

Westworld (Abrams,Nolan og HBO)

NYTT TEMA
mcdermott
mcdermottInnlegg: 63558
31.08.13 20:43

Writer-director Michael Crichton’s 1973 sci-fi-western Westworld still boasts one of the most high-concept premises of all time: “A robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park.” Such a genre mashup was rare for its time period, and the image of The Magnificent Seven star Yul Brynner as a robotic gunslinger has become (sort of) iconic.

Warner Bros. has been trying to remake Westworld for years, and now Variety reports that The Dark Knight Rises co-writer Jonathan Nolan and J.J. Abrams (Star Trek Into Darkness) are teaming up to turn the property into a TV series for HBO, to be produced by Jerry Weintraub (Behind the Candelabra) and Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions.

HBO has committed to producing the pilot, which will be directed by Nolan, who is also co-writing with his wife, Lisa Joy (Burn Notice). The remake series sounds like it will dig a fair bit deeper into the AI themes than the original, and will be “a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.”

http://screenrant.com/westworld-hbo-remake-jonathon-nolan-jj-abrams/

--- Dette høres spennende ut !

Mindfulness13
Mindfulness13Innlegg: 20496
18.01.16 10:51

Jeg har stor sans for tv-serier som Lost,Fringe og Person of Interest som Abrams har vært med å skapt. Og jeg ser selvfølgelig frem til denne serien og det gjør også at jeg må få meg HBO Nordic abonnement bare pga denne serien :) 
Nolan/Abrams har vært suksess med tanke på Person of Interest og er veldig nysgjerrig på Westworld. 

Jeg anbefaler varmt Person of Interest for å se hvor dyktig Nolan/Abrams er til å skape en spennende og intelligent serie. Imponerende serie med rollefigurer man blir veldig glad i og strålende plott/manuskript for det meste. 

Teaser trailer har kommet ut og den ser lovende ut. Sci-fi Western kan bli en bra kombo det. 

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal skal også være med i serien sammen med Anthony Hopkins og Ed Harris blant annet. 

(Innlegget ble redigert 18.01.16 11:02)

LANGEMANN-1968
LANGEMANN-1968Innlegg: 7473
18.01.16 11:10

Filmen var jo ganske kul mener jeg å huske, så denne serien kunne jeg godt se, men vet ikke om jeg gidder å abonnere..

Mindfulness13
18.01.16 11:14

Yul Brynner var med. 43 år siden filmen kom ut. 

"The remake series sounds like it will dig a fair bit deeper into the AI themes than the original, and will be “a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin.”

(Innlegget ble redigert 18.01.16 11:18)

LANGEMANN-1968
18.01.16 11:18
Mindfulness13: Yul Brynner var med. 43 år siden filmen kom ut.

Han hadde hovedrollen ja. Absolutt verdt å se før man ser serien.

Mindfulness13
18.01.16 11:22

Ja,absolutt. Den selges nå for £8.00 på Amazon.co.uk ser jeg. Kommer nok til å få med meg denne klassikeren når serien starter en gang i 2016. 

Mindfulness13
18.01.16 11:23

Production has been temporarily shut down on HBO’s highly anticipated drama “Westworld,” sources tell Variety.

(Innlegget ble redigert 18.01.16 11:24)

LANGEMANN-1968
18.01.16 11:26
Mindfulness13: Ja,absolutt. Den selges nå for £8.00 på Amazon.co.uk ser jeg. Kommer nok til å få med meg denne klassikeren når serien starter en gang i 2016.

Den vises av og til på TCM hvis du har den kanalen.

Mindfulness13
18.01.16 12:27

Takk for tipset. Skal sjekke den ut der og laste den ned i min Canal Digital-boks. 

Mindfulness13
20.06.16 11:06

Westworld kommer ut i Oktober på HBO. Denne nye traileren som kom i natt ser veldig lovende ut. 

En miks mellom indianer/cowboy lignende sted med AI - kunstig intelligens og futuristisk teknologi med flere dyktige skuespillere kan bli en klassiker det. 

Mindfulness13
03.07.16 14:18

HBO’s mysterious Westworld sent fans into a tweeting frenzy last week after the first sustained peek at the long-delayed sci-fi Western, which upgrades Michael Crichton’s 1973 androids-run-amuck thriller for the new millennium, debuted on HBO. Totally reengineered by executive producers Jonathan Nolan (Person of Interest) and Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Westworld tackles the promise and the threat of artificial intelligence (hey, even Stephen Hawking and Bill Gates say they’re truly worried about it) in a lawless R-rated play-scape where a theme park’s guests’ darkest desires run wild. Only this time, you’ll find yourself sympathizing with the sentient bots who are slave-laboring under the creepily apathetic gaze of Dr. Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins). The resulting future-shock series resembles a mash-up of Blade RunnerEx MachinaBlack Mirror, and Crichton’s own Jurassic Park; but its creators initially struggled to get their prime-time machine operational. The series was ordered two years ago, with a scheduled 2015 debut, then was delayed amid casting changes, story-retooling, and a production pause.

--------
Intervju i Entertainment Weekly med Jonathan Nolan blant annet om Westworld. 

Det blir en annerledes twist og plot i serien enn i orginalen hvor robotene ble sett som onde....

News stories about AI fears seem to increase every month. The trailer seems to suggest that the “heroes” – to use an inadequate word – are the androids rather than the humans, a reversal of the original film (or is it just that they’re merely more sympathetic killers this time around). Is this accurate and what’s most compelling about focusing on the non-humans?
Nolan
That’s the reason we wanted to do the show, and what the early conversations with [fellow executive producer J.J. Abrams] centered on – that the show should turn the original movie inside-out, with the “hosts” as the protagonists When it comes to the question of consciousness, we always start with ourselves as the answer. As the be-all-end-all. It’s understandable – we’re the only consciousness we’re familiar with. But we wanted to challenge that assumption. The “hosts” are discovering that they’ve been created in our image, but beginning to question if “humanness” is really what they want to aspire to. And given their circumstances, it’s easy to understand why they start to question whether they want to be like us at all…

(Innlegget ble redigert 03.07.16 14:22)

Mindfulness13
29.07.16 11:10

Link til artikkelen: Her. 
At the end of our interview with Ellen Page and Evan Rachel Wood for their new post-apocalyptic drama Into the Forest, we had a chance to ask Wood about Westworld, the new HBO series coming in October from Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight Rises) and J.J. Abrams (Star Wars: The Force Awakens). Production of the series has had its share of secrecy and problems (it was even shut down at one point for some creative retooling), but now that it’s coming out the first trailer we’ve seen looks dazzling.

The show is said to be “a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin," and Wood could barely contain her enthusiasm when we asked her about it: “I knew it was going to be an incredible show when I signed on, but it has surpassed my expectations," she said. "Yes, it has amazing production value and special effects, and the cinematography is amazing and the cast is amazing. But what’s really blown me away is the writing. I mean it is on another level. The layers of the show, it’s really going to be a feast for the eyes and the mind. And it’s something that you just keep peeling away things. I don’t even know how to explain it. But I can assure people that it’s going to deliver and more.”

The original movie was about an amusement park of the future divided into three regions – Westworld, Medieval World and Roman World – where androids programmed to play characters in each environment revolt against their human masters. While some of that may be retained in Nolan’s version, Wood said there’s much more going on. “When you think you know what’s going on and you have a handle on things, there’s so much more than you realize,” she hinted. “The picture is much, much bigger than just a theme park gone wrong. It’s a comment on humanity. It’s a glimpse into the future. And it’s really exploring that in a way that we haven’t quite seen.”

As the trailer has revealed, Wood is playing an android – or a host as they are called in the series – calling it “my favorite character I’ve ever played, the most complex.” She added, “What was cool about working on this was we got to create a world in the first season. And we got to be a part of creating a tone in these characters in how they moved and how they think, what they would do, how they react. I think the thing that really is unsettling about it is how you can’t tell the difference until there’s these slight shifts or these subtle things and the eyes twitch or something. It’s really jarring.”

(Innlegget ble redigert 29.07.16 11:11)

Poke
PokeInnlegg: 7601
01.08.16 14:37

Westworld har premiere 3 oktober

Mindfulness13
01.08.16 14:41

Jepp, det er bare 2 måneder igjen. 

Mindfulness13
01.08.16 16:05

Det blir sånn en dag etter USA som vanlig. I USA har de premiere 2 oktober. På HBO Nordic er det 3 oktober. 

(Innlegget ble redigert 01.08.16 16:05)

LANGEMANN-1968
12.08.16 12:35
Mindfulness13: Yul Brynner var med. 43 år siden filmen kom ut.

Kan jo nevne at det kom en opppfølger til westworld i 1976 som heter futureworld. Jeg har ikke sett den så kvaliteten er uviss.

Mindfulness13
mjordan23
mjordan23Innlegg: 17511
29.08.16 22:05
Mindfulness13: Ny trailer av Westworld.

Ser ekstremt lovende ut syns jeg, håper dette blir bra. 

Mindfulness13
30.08.16 07:15

Ja, dette ser veldig bra ut. Det pleier å være solide greier fra Abrams og J.Nolan. 

Leffa
LeffaInnlegg: 4841
15.09.16 14:59

(Innlegget ble redigert 15.09.16 14:59)

Mindfulness13
19.09.16 10:39

6 også i Nettavisen. Personen der har sett 4 første episoder og skryter hemningsløst av den. Forventningene er store,men å si at den kan bli større en Game of thrones er vel kanskje for ambisiøst,men tipper den vil innfri og litt til utifra de forventninger man har :) 

Ny video på 2 minutt med bakgrunnsintervju med Nolan mm. 2 uker igjen nå. 

(Innlegget ble redigert 19.09.16 10:41)

FlipYa
FlipYaInnlegg: 918
20.09.16 12:30

Jeg har to sjangre/tema i film og TV-bransjen jeg ofte er svak for, og det er mørke westernfilmer og sci-fi med AI som sentralt tema ("Ex Machina" er et godt eksempel på type filmer jeg liker svært godt). Da trenger jeg nødig å si at jeg gleder meg unormalt mye til denne serien, og det at vi har en trønder i skuespillerstaben er jo ekstra kult. Håper Ingrid nailer rollen uansett hvor liten den måtte være.

Mindfulness13
20.09.16 12:31
FlipYa: Håper Ingrid nailer rollen uansett hvor liten den måtte være

Det ryktes at han gjør det. Bad ass western girl :) 

Siden du er svak for mørk ai thriller - har du sett tv-serien Black Mirror på Netflix? Jeg må nok få med meg den snart. 

FlipYa
FlipYaInnlegg: 918
20.09.16 12:38
Mindfulness13: Siden du er svak for mørk ai thriller - har du sett tv-serien Black Mirror på Netflix? Jeg må nok få med meg den snart.

Ikke sett, men fikk den faktisk anbefalt av en bekjent for et par uker siden. Får hive meg på lasset straks jeg er ferdig med Narcos S02 og The Night Of.

Mindfulness13
20.09.16 12:47

Bra ordforråd på han figuren du viser til i profilbildet. Han har snakketøyet i orden.heh. Det var ikke lett å huske hva han sa i et skjetsinnlegg i Team Antonsen. 

(Innlegget ble redigert 20.09.16 12:48)

Mindfulness13
tooommm
tooommmInnlegg: 23537
28.09.16 12:47

Ser veldig frem til denne serien, og ikke minst Ingrid BB i rollen som Armistice. Hun ser skikkelig bad ass ut i den siste traileren.

Klikk for å gå tilbake til toppen

Siste innlegg