"Germany is a Green basketcase:"
- German’s electricity bills have doubled since 2000. (Germans pay about 40c a KWH.)
- Up to 800,000 Germans have had their power cut off because they couldn’t pay their bills.
- Germany’s renewable energy levy rose from €14bn to €20bn in one year as wind and solar expanded. German households will pay a renewables surcharge of €7.2bn this year alone.
- Germany has more than half the worlds solar panels. They generated 40% of Germany’s peak electricity demand on June 6, but practically 0% during the darkest weeks of winter.
- Siemens closed it’s entire solar division, losing about €1bn. Bosch is getting out too, it has lost about €2.4bn.
- Solar investors have lost almost about €25bn in the past year. More than 5,000 companies associated with solar have closed since 2010.
- Germany has phased out nuclear, but is adding 20 coal fired stations. Gas power can’t compete with cheap coal or subsidized renewables and 20% of gas power plants are facing shutdown.
- Despite the river of money paid to renewables, emissions have risen in Germany for the last two years.
Så dette er nok framtiden, noe vi bør satse milliarder på......
"The pattern is similar in the rest of the EU:"
- Two weeks ago the Czech Government has decided to end all subsidies.
- Spain owes €126bn to renewable energy investors.
- In Spain more than 5,000 solar entrepreneurs face bankruptcy without the subsidies.
- EU leaders now officially list affordable energy as being more important than greenhouse emissions.